Engberg Anderson is an award-winning architectural firm with offices in Milwaukee, Madison, and Chicago. We are a 50+ person team of creatives: architects, interior designers, planners, travelers, and artists, driven to create design that serves a higher purpose. Collaboration with our clients leads us to a deeper understanding of user needs, community identity, and inspires our best work.
Together we build neighborhoods that improve the lives of people through impactful projects that are intensely local, detail obsessed, and reflective of their users. Are you ready to be apart of the Engberg Anderson
Marketing Coordinator [Milwaukee Office]
We are looking for an individual to join our Milwaukee office marketing team who has three years of A/E/C marketing and proposal experience. This person will be responsible for proposal production and graphic support for all Engberg Anderson offices. As a proposal coordinator, your role encompasses extensive research, writing, editing, proofreading, and producing proposals, statements of qualifications, resumes, and project descriptions.
In addition, you must thrive under the pressure of deadlines and collaborate with internal staff and teaming partners at various levels. Our organization embraces diverse personalities and working styles. Exceptional communication skills are essential to collaborate with others effectively and diplomatically.
PROPOSAL RESONSIBILITIES (70%):
• Embrace autonomy and own the proposal process end-to-end. You must be attentive to detail, highly organized, and able to self-start, plan and produce proposals.
• Prepare and submit responsive packages to various Request for Qualifications (RFQs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs). Produce graphics and copy that is polished, tailored, and inspired for an on-time print or electronic delivery of proposal and interview documents.
• Manage the proposal-specific processes and workflows, including scheduling kickoff and check-in meetings, researching relevant data, working closely with key personnel, assembling documents, and leading timely draft reviews and successful submission.
• Maintain an organized filing system for proposals, including databases.
• Interview technical staff and subsequently write resumes, boilerplate information, project descriptions, award submissions, and copy for web, brochures, print, etc.
• Determine proposal concept/content by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; study requests for qualifications/proposals (RFQ/Ps); attend strategy meetings.
• Gather proposal information by identifying sources, coordinating submissions, collections, and communicating necessary information to associated team members.
• Achieve quality results using templates, following proposal-writing standards, including readability, consistency, and tone, and maintaining proposal support databases.
MARKETING RESONSIBILITIES (30%):
• Produce creative content and resources for digital platforms, proposals, and interviews.
• Coordinate development and quality production of marketing collateral, including brochures, flip books, qualification packages, proposals, interview presentations, etc.
• Assist in interview coordination and presentation creation.
• Assist with conference planning and coordination.
• Assist with website design, website updates, social media campaigns, and press releases.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or Visual Media.
• 3+ years in A/E/C industry.
• Experience in proposal preparation or large-document management.
• Proven talent in graphic design.
• Possess excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• A portfolio of your best work is required. You MUST submit at least three (3) original writing samples showcasing your robust graphic design and document layout skills.
• Experience in digital, social media, and web design.
• Experience in digital asset management.
• Experience working in a midsized, flexible, multi-office, and employee-empowering environment.
• Able to work independently and in a cross-functionally collaborative, open environment.
• Able to handle last-minute inquiries and projects.
• Maintain a proactive mindset, tenacity, excellent interpersonal skills, and high emotional intelligence.
SALARY RANGE & BENEFITS:
Competitive salary is commensurate with experience + bonus potential. Benefits package includes:
• Full Benefits Package – health, dental, vision, life, HSA, 401K, PTO, and holidays.
• Perks –Team gatherings and outings, paid volunteer days, educational opportunities, support for professional memberships, examinations, and licensing.
Interested candidates can request a detailed job description at and send email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No calls, please.
Office Management and Support [Milwaukee Office]
We are looking for an individual to join our Milwaukee office team who can handle the various responsibilities of day-to-day firm operations and fill the gaps in their time with support for our various project teams. On a typical day, this person will be responsible for answering calls, greeting guests, handling mail and shipping, cleaning up the occasional mess and jumping in to do what needs doing. In addition, they will assist with larger office tasks including:
- Assisting leadership with administrative tasks, including scheduling and travel arrangement
- Assisting Marketing with events, conferences, hospitality in and away from the office
- Supporting the planning and execution of local office and company-wide events, including office meetings, in-house education, outings, holiday parties and other gatherings
- Managing day-to-day office tasks such as inventory and ordering for office and breakroom supplies and filing and organizing records, invoices and other important documentation.
- Enhancing Engberg Anderson’s culture by assisting in organizing community-building events, directly supporting team members, and looking for new ways to maintain a fun, welcoming and dynamic work environment
- Assisting with onboarding of new employees and other HR-related tasks
- Degree required – None – though education in a business-related field a bonus
- Licensure required – No
- Ideal years of experience – 5+ years in a professional work environment
- Specific software knowledge – Microsoft Office Suite
- Location – Milwaukee
- Hours and expectations – The position is Full Time, and will require being on site full time, due to the nature of the job and responsibilities
- Who will this person report to? – Position reports directly to Partners, but may be assigned tasks by others, including Principals, Marketing, Team Leaders
- Travel required – Not likely, but you never know!
In addition, these skills will help you rise to the challenge of this unique position:
- Builds long term relationships with team members
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Searches for ways to continuously enhance workplace culture
- Experience in digital, social media
- Experience working in a midsized, flexible, multi-office, and employee-empowering environment
- Able to work independently and in a cross-functionally collaborative, open environment
- Able to handle last-minute inquiries and projects – to “think on your feet”
- A proactive mindset, tenacity, excellent interpersonal skills, and high emotional intelligence
Salary Range & Benefits:
Competitive salary is commensurate with experience and includes bonus potential. Benefits package includes:
- Full Benefits Package – health, dental, vision, life, HSA, 401K, PTO and holidays.
- Perks: Family style office atmosphere, team gatherings and outings, paid volunteer days, educational opportunities, support for professional memberships, examinations, and licensing as appropriate to the position.
Interested candidates can send email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Project Architect [All Offices]
A vibrant, award-winning national architectural firm seeks talented and dedicated team players to join any of our creative offices as Project Architects (MARCH degree, with minimum 5 years of professional experience required). Expertise in building envelope design and detailing and Revit proficiency are essential. Other 3D and rendering skills are a bonus. Areas of project focus include public sector institutional (libraries, museums, public markets) projects and multi-family housing.
Interested candidates can request a full job description from and can email cover letter, and resume to email@example.com. No calls, please.
Engberg Anderson is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
It is the policy of Engberg Anderson, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, disabilities, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, physical ability, arrest or conviction record, political beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law. Engberg Anderson, Inc. maintains an Affirmative Action Plan and encourages qualified minorities, females, disabled individuals, and veterans to apply for advertised positions.