St. James 1868
Historic Preservation + Re-use
St. James Episcopal Church was built in 1868 by famed architect William Lloyd in the Gothic Revival style. St. James is one of the oldest stone structures in Milwaukee, and in 1979 the property was designated by the City of Milwaukee’s Historic Preservation Committee as “historically significant,” earning its place on the National Register of Historic Places.
The project is an adaptive re-use conversion of the existing historic church and parish house into an event center. There are two distinct venues that provide the owner the ability to have two separate events occurring at the same time or as one large venue providing multiple rooms and services. Events range from weddings, receptions, corporate events, wine tastings, concerts, and fashion shows. All events are served by multiple state-of-the-art cocktail bars and commercial kitchens.